Comic Revolt for Android
- The only Android cartoon-making app on STEROIDS.
- No ads. No purchases. Everything free and up front.
- ALL YOUR SOURCE IMAGES ON THE SDCARD ! ! !
- TWO PART INSTALL: normal app install, SDcard image zip install.
- Permissions? Only "Read/Write SDCard."
- Interacts extensively with other image apps.
- Check out the features in the in-app help file.
- Reproduce a chosen look with image filter macros.
- Add your own image matrix filters.
- Works on almost any Android device still running (Froyo and up).
- Tested on 4.5" Froyo phone, 7" Ice Cream tablet, 9.7" Lollipop tablet.
- Examples on Tooner Revolt.
- Co-conspirators welcome: Email Comic Revolt
Take Control of Your Comics
Canvas Object Menu
Internal Image Editor
User-Defined Filter Macros
Download Comic Revolt (r79 - 31mar16)
Go into Settings/Security and check "Unknown Sources". Download the Comic Revolt apk to the device. Open "My Files," go to SDcard/Download, and tap on ComicRevolt.apk. This opens the installer, hit install, and you're done. (Go back and un-check "Unknown Sources" before you forget. No need to run around with your pants down.) You can run the app now but it won't do anything without images ...
RELEASE NOTES: Introduced a better contrast filter. Updated all licences headers and the About dialog credits.
Download Image Zips
If you don't have your own images, download at least one of these image zips to your device. It should be in sdcard/Download. Start ComicRevolt. Hit the Unpack button -- TADA! -- zip files all unpacked to ComicRevolt/src/.
WARNING: I cannot guarantee images are license-free. I try to use only free ones. BUT I IS NOT LAWYER. So these images are for ...
NON-COMMERCIAL USE ONLY*.
*Any of these images belong to you? Just send an email that reasonably proves it's yours and I'll pull it. Easy-peasy.